Complaints about Adult Social Services

The Department Adult Social Services is here to make sure that the social care needs of people in Wirral are met, wherever this is appropriate.

We try to provide support in a fair and efficient way, but we recognise that occasionally mistakes may happen. 

We genuinely welcome complaints, compliments, comments and suggestions.  It is helpful to know when we are doing something well, but it is also very important that we know about any problems.  If you tell us what is going wrong, that gives us the opportunity to put it right and to make sure that our systems are improved. 

You can make a complaint, comment or compliment in a number of ways:

  • Contact the Complaints Manager
  • Tell any member of Adult Social Services staff

Complaints and comments are confidential and will not adversely affect services you are receiving or may be entitled to.

If you feel that you would like some support in making a complaint, independent help is available from advocacy agencies.  Details are available from your local One-Stop-Shop or contact the Complaints Manager. 

If you want to contact us with any complaint, compliment, comment or suggestion then please contact:

David Jones, Complaints Manager

The Local Government Ombudsman can also investigate complaints about Adult Social Services; although they normally request you go through our complaints process first.  They can be contacted at: 

The Local Government Ombudsman

  • PO Box 4771, Coventry,  CV4 0EH
  • Tel: 0300 061 0614
  • Web

Complaints about services commissioned, but not run, by the Department of Adult Social Services (such as Independent Residential Homes, Day Care provision and Home Care agencies) may be dealt through the Department’s complaints procedures or through the providers own complaints procedures. 

If you’re not sure how to go about this, let us know and we can help.  Any concerns can be also be passed to the Care Quality Commission who are responsible for making sure all such services are run properly. They can be contacted at: 

Care Quality Commission