Comments and complaints
We want to give the best possible service, so we need to know when we are doing something well and when things can be improved.
Please tell us what you think of our service, stating clearly whether your comment is a compliment, complaint or a suggestion. If it is a complaint, it would help if you could tell us what you think we could do to resolve it. You can contact the council in a number of ways:
- Via this website
- Phoning the Information and Advice Team on 0151 606 2020
- Visiting one of our One Stop Shops and speaking to a customer advisor
- Writing to us at:
Information & Advice Team
P.O. Box No. 2
Different procedures apply to some of our services, so please follow the link below that applies to you:
- Complaints about Schools
- Complaints about Adult Social Services
- Complaints about Children's Social Care
- Complaints about Councillors
- Complaints about all other Council Services
Help with your complaint
If you would like independent help with your complaint you should contact your local Citizens Advice Bureau or call their advice line on tel. 0844 477 2121.
Review by the Local Government Ombudsman
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the Council's complaint investigation you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.
The Local Government Ombudsman is an independent body which investigates complaints about councils.
The Ombudsman will ask you to give us an opportunity to put things right before they will look at your complaint.
You can contact the Local Government Ombudsman’s Advice Team in the following ways:
- By telephone on 0300 061 0614
- By post at: PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH
- By text on 0762 480 3014 (please text ‘call back’)
- By fax on 024 7682 0001
Please remember to include a daytime telephone number so that they can contact you to discuss your complaint.