Housing Benefit helps you pay your rent if you are on a low income. The amount you will get is worked out by looking at:
- how much money you have coming in
- you and your partner’s personal circumstances and those of your household
- the amount of rent you have to pay
- the amount of savings and capital you have (more than £16,000 will normally mean you do not qualify however, if you have reached the qualifying age for Pension Credit we will ignore the first £10,000).
Who does the scheme apply to?
- anyone paying rent
- tenants living in privately rented accommodation, hostels and housing association accommodation
To help make sure you receive the benefits you are entitled to, you can use the following online tools: