Proof of Identity

You will need to confirm yours and your partner’s identity. We need to see at least two of these documents for each person.

You do not have to provide this if you receive Income Support or Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance.

Any of the following documents can be used:

  • UK passport (this must be current and valid)
  • Driving licence (photo card only)
  • UK residence permit
  • Certificate of employment in HM forces
  • Birth certificate
  • Marriage certificate
  • Recent paid household bills in your name
  • Bank or Building Society statements
  • Divorce or annulment papers
  • Police registration document
  • National Insurance number card
  • Medical card

Remember all documents must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted.