Wirral Council has a number of official pages on Facebook and Twitter:
Twitter page for Wirral's Carbon Reduction initiative.
Terms and conditions of use
Wirral Council reserves the right to delete posts or comments from its social media sites without prior warning. This will be done when the Council believes the comment or post is in breach of the following terms and conditions:
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful. They must not be defamatory, libellous, in breach of the Data Protection Act 1988 (as amended), contain obscenities or foul language.
- Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing offence or trouble. Users who persistently post comments which are unrelated to the item being commented on may be blocked and their comments deleted.
- Advertising or promotional postings will not be accepted unless with the prior consent of Wirral Council
- In line with Local Government guidelines, no political campaigning or electioneering will be permitted.
- The Council reserves the right to block users who are in breach of the terms and conditions above without prior notice.
- The Council’s decision is final.
Please note that the Council does not endorse any private company or individual, and this remains the case even when the Council is “friends” with or “follows” a profile or account on social media sites.