Monday to Friday: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Wirral Archives Service is now running an appointment only service.
Wirral Archives Service
Lower Ground Floor
Cheshire Lines Building
Telephone: 0151 606 2929
Email: [email protected]ral.gov.uk
Access to Wirral Archives Service is via Shore Road, Birkenhead.
There are metal steps leading down from Canning Street to the entrance of the Lower Ground Floor of the Cheshire Lines Building, although for safety reasons, we do not promote the steps for our users. However if you wish, we could bring you down from Canning Street in the lift (the lobby is to the right of the metal steps).
Please ring 0151 606 2929 and let us know when you will be there to be collected. A sign on the lobby also shows this number for mobile phone users.
If you wish to visit Wirral Archive Services, please bear in the mind the following:
- if you would like to visit please contact us in advance to make an appointment and to confirm that we have the records you require
- on the intercom ring the buzzer for Wirral Archives Service and we will come and collect you
- upon arrival, you will be asked to show some form of identification and to sign our visitors' book
- lockers are available to store your personal belongings
- please bring a pencil with you to make notes as pens are not allowed in the search room
- the search room is accessible for wheelchair users
- there may be a reduced service over lunchtime in respect of photocopying and retrieving records from the Strong Room
- there are no refreshment facilities available on site, however, there are numerous cafés and restaurants nearby - archives staff will be happy to advise you on their location
Please remember to contact us before you visit so we can prepare for you and let us know what you think of our service by filling in a feedback form.
There is no car parking available at Cheshire Lines building.
In addition to the Bridge Street car park, car users may use the pay and display public car parks available near Conway Park Station and on Cleveland Street.