- park open dawn till dusk all year round
- visitor centre open 10am - 4.45pm, 7 days a week (closed 25th December)
- no overnight parking or camping permitted
Things to do
- Wirral Way – 12 mile long combined walking and cycle route with separate horse riding route
- self-guided trails - maps available from visitor centre
- enjoy a picnic or BBQ overlooking the Dee Estuary
- walk on the beach
- ranger-led events programme
- visit as a school group or organised party
Email us at [email protected] to sign up for our newsletter.
Call 0151 648 4371 to find out about volunteering opportunities at Wirral Country Park.
Reasons to visit
A Green Flag award winner, this was the first designated Country Park in Britain. You can see magnificent views of migratory birds over the River Dee, walk on Thurstaston Beach or have a barbecue or picnic in the grasslands. You can also enjoy the quiet of the inland Wirral Way, where you can walk or cycle its twelve mile length.
Wirral Country Park has received a certificate of excellence from TripAdvisor.