Access to Hilbre Islands is dependent on the tides.
View tide times for Hilbre Islands (times are in GMT)
Tide times are also displayed on the noticeboard at Dee Lane, West Kirby.
Facilities and things to see
- panoramic views across the River Dee estuary to the North Wales and Wirral coastlines
- watching the island's colony of grey seals
- bird watching - an internationally important site for waders
- Telegraph Station information centre
- Old lifeboat station and slipway
- Buoy Master’s house store and workshop
- Telegraph House (former ranger’s house)
- composting toilet block
- day room with modest kitchen facility
- navigational aids and structures (Trinity House)
The Friends of Hilbre works with Wirral Council to maintain and preserve the islands. Find out more about volunteering on the Friends of Hilbre website.