There are a number of public coarse fishing waters in Wirral.
To use them, you need to:
- buy an Environment Agency Rod Licence online or from any Post Office and
- buy a Wirral Council fishing permit.
You can get Wirral Council fishing permits from:
- Birkenhead Park Visitor Centre
- from a bailiff at Birkenhead Park Lakes
- from Fisherman angling shop, Laird Street Birkenhead
Find coarse fishing venues in Wirral
- Arrowe Country Park (Junior Anglers to be accompanied by an adult)
- Birkenhead Lower Park Lake
- Birkenhead Upper Park Lake (Match fishing only)
- Brotherton Park, Bromborough
- Captain's Pit, Hose Side Road, Wallasey
- Central Park, Wallasey
- Gayton Playing Fields, Heswall
- Poulton Recreation Ground, Bebington
- Royden Park (Seniors only)
All lakes are managed by Wirral Council.