Two year olds who live in Wirral may be eligible for 15 hours free childcare per week, which adds up to 570 hours per year.
The funding can be used in a day nursery, a pre-school, a children’s centre nursery or with a child minder rated good or outstanding.
If your child meets the criteria, the funding can be used the term after their second birthday.
All applications for Spring 2018 must be received by Friday 5th January 2018.
Applications can be completed by the parent or carer of the child or a professional working with the family. Please note you will need to know the parent or carers details.
Who is eligible for funding?
Your two year old will be eligible for funding if you receive:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit
- tax credits and you have an annual income of under £16,190 before tax
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Children are also eligible if:
- they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs or an education health and care plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or residence order
When you can claim
- children become eligible from the term after their second birthday.
- children born between 1st January and 31st March become eligible in April (Summer Term)
- children born between 1st April and 31st August become eligible in September (Autumn Term)
- children born between 1st September and 31st December become eligible in January (Spring Term).
You will need to tell HMRC when you get free childcare. Call the Tax Credit Helpline.
For further information contact [email protected] or 0800 085 8743.