Community Right to Bid enables community groups to nominate local land or buildings to be included in the list of assets of community value. For this to happen, it must be demonstrated that the asset contributes to the social wellbeing or cultural, recreational or sporting interests of the local community.
Once listed, community groups will be given the opportunity to purchase the asset, should it be offered for sale by the owner. They will be given six months to raise the funds to do this.
Who can make a nomination?
A nomination to be listed can be made by:
- parish councils
- groups with a membership of 21 local people
- neighbourhood forums
- a community interest company
- a company limited by guarantee
- a non-profit distributing industrial and provident society
- asset of community value nomination form
View the Wirral Council List of Assets of Community Value:
For further advice, contact the Asset Management Team