If you wish to carry out the practice of acupuncture, tattooing, semi-permanent skin colouring, cosmetic piercing or electrolysis in Wirral, then you must register with the council.
You must register both your premises and each operative.
If you move premises you will need to re-register the business.
Medical practitioners may be exempt from registration. If you are unsure whether you need to be registered, please contact Environmental Health at [email protected]
- premises registration - £78
- personal registration - £78
Return forms to the address provided.
Processing and timescales
An officer will inspect your premises, equipment and operating procedures to ensure they comply with the relevant byelaws and legislation. We aim to deal with applications with 10 days.
Legislation and Byelaws
You may be subject to enforcement action if you do not comply with the necessary legal requirements or byelaw conditions.
- Electrolysis, piercing, tattooing and micro-pigmentation HSE (SR12)
- Tattoo and body piercing guidance toolkit
- Registered tattoo premises in Wirral
Report a problem
Report a concern about:
- an application
- an issued licence
- practices at a registered establishment