Eat Well Wirral is an award run by Environmental Health and Public Health from Wirral Council for takeaway premises in Wirral.
The scheme encourages and supports local takeaways in promoting healthier food choices to their customers. Businesses must have a Food Hygiene Rating of 3 or more from the Food Standards Agency to take part.
Benefits for businesses
- an award certificate and window sticker to display on the premises
- the business will be highlighted on the Eat Well Wirral web page
- promotion of the award through the press and social media
- cash grants for the first 200 businesses to apply to make changes to their menu, ingredients and equipment (this is dependent on the level of award achieved)
- the right to advertise the award on stationery, menus, boards, websites, etc.
- an opportunity to extend the customer base; increasing numbers of people are choosing a healthier lifestyle
- use of Nutritional Pro - a computer software package that shows current levels of salt, fat and sugar in meals and then offers ways to reduce these
The award is split into three levels. Bronze is awarded to businesses that have made very simple changes. Silver and gold levels require further changes, such as improved cooking methods and ingredients used. You can download self-assessment forms for each.
- Bronze self-assessment form
- Silver self-assessment form
- Gold self-assessment form
- Initial business evaluation questionnaire
Complete and return the self-assessment form and business evaluation questionnaire, an officer will visit your premises within 8 weeks to check your application.
The business toolkit provides information on how to apply.
Guidance for your business
- Fish and chips
- Chinese (translated to traditional Chinese)
- Pizza and kebabs
- Sandwich shop
For more information on healthier lifestyles, please visit: